Rack discovery fails with the error message “Rack discovery get progress failed.Contact support for
more details.Refresh your browser once it is resolved.” The cause is a time difference between your
TORs and the SDDC Manager.
Workaround: Synchronize the clocks on the TORs switches to match the time on the SDDC Manager
1. Using SSH, log it the SDDC Manager Controller VM as root.
2. Get the time:
root@sddc-manager-controller [ ~ ]# date
Wed Nov 22 06:42:43 UTC 2017
3. Log into both TOR switches as admin and verify that there is difference between the time setting
in the TOR and SDDC Manager Controller VM.
Tue Nov 21 18:43:07 2017
Clock source: local
4. Verify that the SSL profile it is not valid on both switches.
TOR-20#sh management security ssl profile eapi
Profile State Error ————- ————- ————————————–
eapi invalid Certificate ‘viaSSLCertificate.cert’ is not yet valid
5. On both switches, synchronize the time settings with that of the SDDC Manager VM.
switch#clock timezone [sddc manager=”” time=”” zone=””]
switch#clock set [sddc dd=”” format=”” hh:mm:ss=”” in=”” manager=”” mmm=”” time=””
write [to save the running configuration]
reload [to reload the switch]
6. Refresh the browser and click RETRY to retry rack discovery.